STAY TUNED – CHANGES ARE COMING TO THE DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAM!
Currently, this program is on hold but will be reinstated in the coming weeks as we update our courses and delivery method.
The NCECP Distance Education Program brings education and training to the doorsteps of Early Childhood Professionals throughout the United States. With Distance Education, quality, affordable training is available at any time and in any location. Our courses offer students a wide range of learning experiences and provide multiple opportunities to demonstrate acquired knowledge.
Every student in our program receives one-on-one support from a qualified instructor to help with individual learning needs. Instructors work with students via e-mail whenever needed during the training experience.
Our Distance Education courses may be taken to earn early childhood Professional Development Points (PDPs), Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Training Hours (THs) or simply to fulfill an interest and further your knowledge. The courses are continually being evaluated and updated to ensure that the information is relevant to your educational needs. Check with your state educational agency to see if credits earned from our courses are accepted.
Here’s How It Works
- Students choose a course based on their education needs or interests. The student then fills out the registration form found here.
- An instructor is assigned and the course is shipped to the student. Note: Due to the popularity of some courses, the student may be placed on a waiting list.
- The course kit contains multi-media materials that are loaned to the student for the duration of the course and are returned at completion. Each course contains a number of modules and assignments.
- The student contacts the instructor upon receipt of the materials. S/he completes each module of the course and works with the instructor on an as needed basis via email. The assignments for each module must be turned in within a 2-week time frame.
- To earn PDPs, training hours or CEUs, students must demonstrate competency in their assignments. Each module is graded on a pass/fail system.
- 45-PDP/4.5 CEU courses are to be completed within 63 days; shorter courses are to be completed within 21 days.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees for Distance Education courses are payable by credit card upon order submission. NOTE: As of January 2018, 4.5 CEU course price is increasing from $325 to $350.00.
- Courses earning 45 PDPs/THs or 4.5 CEUs are $350.00 (as of Jan 1, 2018), including shipping and handling.
- Courses earning 10 PDPs/THs or 1.0 CEUs are $125.00, including shipping and handling.
- Failure to adhere to the course schedule will result in a late fee of $5.00 per day. Student’s who return materials late are charged a late fee of $5.00 per day billed directly to their credit card.
- Course materials not returned to NCECP after a ten-day delinquency period will result in NCECP billing the student’s credit card for the cost of the course materials in addition to the 10-day late fee charges.
- If an order is cancelled BEFORE the course is shipped, a full refund will be issued to the card holder minus shipping charges. If the order is cancelled after the course materials have been shipped to the student, a course fee credit MINUS the UPS charges to/from the student ($75) will be issued to the cardholder/student. If the order is cancelled AFTER more than 1 week, the course fee is prorated based on the re-delivery date to NCECP and the student/cardholder receives a credit for the remaining amount MINUS the UPS charges to/from the student ($75). The credit will be honored for up to 1 year from the original enrollment date. If course fees increase in that timeframe, the student will be obligated to submit the additional amount.
- With Instructor and NCECP approval, the student may be allowed to temporarily interrupt the course, return all materials and resume the course at a later date utilizing whatever time remains from the 63 days allowed by contract PLUS cover the cost of re-shipping and returning to NCECP via UPS. Shipping charges will be billed directly to the credit card provided.
- If the student does not complete the required coursework within the contracted 21 or 63 days, there is no option to submit assignments in the future. The student must return all materials, re- enroll in the course, pay the required fee entitling them to another 21 or 63 days in which to earn their Certificate.
- Replacement cost for courses is $495 per course, with the exception of course #201, which is $290.